Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Wise conclusions

Nishant, age eight, came back from school and said,
Nishant: I’d like to punch Sachin.
Mother: You’re really mad at Sachin!
Nishant: Yeah! Whenever we play football and I get the ball, he says, “Give it to me, Nishant, I’m better
Mother: then
Nishant:Wouldn’t that make anybody mad?
Mother: Yes
Nishant: But Sachin’s not really like that. In first grade he was always nice. But I think when Kunal came in the second grade, Sachin picked up the habit of boasting from him.
Mother: I see.
Nishant: Let’s call Sachin and invite him to the park.
 
Lesson: Here the mother realized how little she had actually spoken, and when guided the ability of the child to come to wise conclusions on his own. The mother realized that when she refrained from giving advice, the child really did start to toward his own solution. What actually makes the difference is the parent’s basic willingness to listen and their attitude of acceptance is what makes the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment