Thursday, April 5, 2018

CURIOSITY

I was in the first-class train compartment with Srila Prabhupada. He was switching the light switch on and off, and then the fan. He raised and lowered the small table by the window. I wanted to serve him, so I said, "Prabhupada, can I find something for you? Do you want me to switch on the fan?"

"No, I am just seeing all the mechanics," he said, switching the lights and fan on and off and on again.

"I LOVE MY DISCIPLES"

From the train compartment window I was gazing out over Kurukshetra, the same fields where Lord Krishna spoke the Bhagavad-gita to Arjuna.

"Krishna gives mercy to everyone equally." Prabhupada said, shortly after we had Kurukshetra Station. "Krishna pours rains on the stones and ocean even though they don't need it, Krishna is so merciful." He continued, "I also distribute my mercy equally. I love all my disciples."

"If some devotee thinks he is favored over another by me it is because he or she has done something, some good service, so I encourage them. However, I love all my disciples equally, even if they don't know it. I give credit where it is due, so again if some disciple does a wonderful service to Krishna, I reciprocate by pointing that out."


- From "By His Example" By Gurudas

No comments:

Post a Comment