Sunday, April 29, 2018

An Interview with God by Dhirasanta Dasa Goswami

I dreamed I had an interview with God.

“So you would like to interview me?”, God asked.

“If you have the time”, I said.

God smiled. “My time is eternity. What questions do you have in mind for me?”

“Well, what surprises you the most about humankind?”

God answered...

“That they get bored with childhood, rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.”

“That they lose their health to make money, and then lose their money to restore their health.”

“That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future.”

"That they have abandoned their commitment to raising children and exchanged it for walking and talking to their cats and dogs.

"That they live as if they will never die, and die as though they had never lived.”

And then I asked...“As a parent, what are some of life’s lessons you want Your children to learn?”

"Do not expect respect but give respect to others."

"Seek not to be understood but seek to understand."

"Do not demand to be loved, but aspire to extend your love to others."

"To lose money, prestige, health or even life itself is not such a loss. To lose faith is the greatest loss."

"Is there anything else you would like your children to know?"

"For My devotee, death is not the end but just the beginning. Beginning of entrance into a realm of eternity. But for the atheists and the materialists, death is simply an end. An end of everything they identify with, thinking it is everlasting".

"So two things are very important: a very mature and honest understanding of the dangers and sufferings of material existence and faith that My holy names have descended to give the eternal soul supreme shelter".

"Thank you for your time," I said humbly.

God smiled and said: 

“Just reassure your readers that I am always available if they want Me, however I will never interfere with the independence I have given them.” I am waiting anxiously for them to return back home whenever they choose to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment